Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Hip Hoppin’ Frog’s Frosted Frog Christmas Ale!



What's hoppin’? Frog’s Frosted Frog Christmas Ale, that’s what. I did a cool video for the slick website geared for cool cats named Thrillist.com that was right up my alley, touring the new brew spot called Ale Yeah! in Decatur, GA. (I am posting that video this week.) Anyway, the Hoppin’ Frog’s Frosted Frog Christmas Ale (try saying that fast!) I bought at the end of the clip was absolutely delicious. It was my kind of winter ale—thick, walnut brown, sweet, potent (8.6% abv), and full of spices including nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger. It reminded me of one of my favorite pumpkin ales, Weyerbacher’s Imperial Pumpkin, a little bit, but clearly has its own identity. The price is a little steep for the 22-oz. bomber at 7.99 but well worth it! In fact, I tried to score the Barrel-Aged version but I was out of town in a place where it was unavailable. I’ll get ya next year unless one of my fellow beer geeks has one saved up that I could sip (hint, hint!).Until then, I am looking forward to trying more from Hoppin’ Frog out of Akron, OH. So far so freakin’ good!
Holla!
SHARE:

ALE MAX Returns to Fuse Craft Beer & Sneaker Cultures!

Yup! It's that time again! Ale Max Day , the event put on by my boy Craig and I, will be in its second year, and it's going to be an...

© Cruisin' For A Brewsin'
Blog Design by pipdig