Monday, June 25, 2012

MillerCoors brings Ice Cube & Co. to ATL! Word!

Congrats to my 5 trivia winners who get to see 
Ice Cube, 2 Chainz, DJ Khaled, DJ Drama and Atlanta's next upcoming MC! 

Whew!
Things have been nuts this past week, including hitting up Cali for one helluva awesome beer experience! (Stay tuned for details!) Speaking of the West Coast, when I got back to Atlanta, MillerCoors hit me up with an opportunity to hook up five of my fellow beer lovers with a pair of tickets to see rappers Ice Cube, 2 Chainz, DJ Khaled, DJ Drama and a handful of MCs competing for Coors Light's "Coldest MC" in Atlanta. The contest is called "The Search for the Coldest" and it will be held this Thursday, June 28th, at the posh Club Reign in Downtown Atlanta (1021 Peachtree Street, Atlanta, GA 30309) with doors opening at 7 p.m. With such a line-up, it was a no-brainer to show love to my followers and give them an opportunity to win the stubs. 
Now, MillerCoors and I have worked together in the past on a few events including me hosting the 2nd Annual MillerCoors T.A.P. Awards, and featuring Blue Moon and Leinenkugel's on my beer list for the High Gravity Hip Hop Beer Festival, the first of its kind in the world! Evidently, we both share love for the world of Hip-Hop, so why not continue to spread it?
Ice Cube going solo in 1989 and birthing the classic debut,
AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted!
With that being said, I ran some trivia only the truest of rap aficionados would know involving the living legend on the mic, Ice Cube! I mean, come on, from his unforgettable verses with N.W.A., to his starring role on Boyz N Da Hood, and remarkable discography including two classic solo albums Amerikkka's Most Wanted and Death Certificate, why wouldn't I base trivia on him?



Here was the question I posted on my @AleSharpton Twitter:

Ice Cube's cousin is also legendary in the rap scene, and is responsible for starting one of the most influential cliques of lyricists the genre has ever seen. Hint: Members in this crew birthed a classic in '93. Who is this MC?

Within seconds, I received an overwhelming response by email (alesharpton@gmail.com) and by direct message on Twitter (so that no one else could see the answer) and only the first five to get it right took home a pair of tickets for Thursday. 
The answer? Del The Funkee Homosapien
Del's one of my favorite MCs (just witness his mastery here) and had Ice Cube featured on his seriously funky debut album in 1991, I Wish My Brother George Was Here. Ice Cube also did some production on this album. (Also check out Del's space age classic, Deltron 3030. Bananas!!!) Thanks to Ice Cube's influence and status in the rap game, Del, along with a legion of others have been able to bless our ears with some West Coast flavor.
Congrats to my winners @ericnine @frmmxwlove @lilgsims3000 @eastsidered and @thrillistatl
You are true Hip-Hop Heads! For everyone else, there will be more competitions, I promise.
Special thanks goes to  The Garner Circle PR firm and, of course, MillerCoors. 

And as Ice Cube says, "Yayeeyayee!"
Ale

Thursday, June 28 at 8:00pm
Doors Open: 7:00pm
Reign Nightclub
(1021 Peachtree Street, Atlanta, GA 30309)
SHARE:

Get ready for 404 Day!

Peace Y’all! Being a proud rep of Atlanta for more than 30 years, it’s time celebrate another festive 404 Day! This time, there is a fundr...

© Cruisin' For A Brewsin'
Blog Design by pipdig