Thursday, October 25, 2012

Stella Artois World Draught Masters

Stella left a lil' somethin' in my hotel room upon my arrival. Yes, those are cuff links! Gangster.
This is one of the craziest beer competitions I have ever witnessed. 
In a nutshell, Belgian lager king Stella Artois has flown people from all over the world to witness and participate the Mondial Maitres Serveurs aka the World Draught Masters competition to see who will be the master of the ridiculously complex 9-step ritual of pouring their revered brew. Trust me, their process is in the same league as preparing a Guinness pint, but with more steps along the way. It's so serious that this thing is like the Olympics, where they hold this competition in various cities globally. We're talking London, Buenos Aires...  The winner gets the job of globetrotting to school bartenders and other beer aficionados on how to do the perfect pour. 
Well I am in Montreal to witness 2012's competition and as usual when it comes to flare, packaging, presentation, and--according to this video--humor, Stella does it big! 
My new homey and winner of the 2010 Draught Masters, Chris Myers out of Minnesota (yep!), is now a full time master pourer and will be featured on this site soon, so be ready. Way to rep the U.S., Chris!
Anyway, stay tuned as I document this incredible beer experience just for you. Let's go! 
Ale
SHARE:

ALE MAX Returns to Fuse Craft Beer & Sneaker Cultures!

Yup! It's that time again! Ale Max Day , the event put on by my boy Craig and I, will be in its second year, and it's going to be an...

© Cruisin' For A Brewsin'
Blog Design by pipdig