Friday, February 15, 2013

A Cigar For Savannah’s Joe Nanna



It’s the weekend and I plan on posting all of the fun events going on especially throughout Atlanta regarding beer. But of immediate importance, I need to pay my respects and express condolences to the loss of a good man in the beverage industry, Savannah Distributor’s late General Manager Joe Nanna. I had the pleasure of meeting Joe and getting to know him as a fun, generous and very funny guy. Picking up on his New York accent immediately, we quickly bonded and always discussed among other things, beer. He was always down to support any of my endeavors and appreciated my past coverage of his products. After returning from my trips to Chicago and Phoenix, Arizona this past week, I heard the sad news from his co-worker Eric. 
A cigar aficionado who always loved boating, I heard Joe enjoyed both the day prior to his passing which gave me a little feeling of peace. I wish his family, friends and Savannah staff strength and fond memories.
The above photo it took is a cigar for Joe. I am sure he is having one right now.

The formal announcement is here:
Joseph Nanna, 67, from Cumming, GA, passed away Saturday, February 9, 2013. He is survived by his beloved wife of 44 years, Marcia; his much loved daughters, Carol, Christine and her husband, Steve and their children, Steven and Abigail, Lisa and her husband, Nick Paolini; sister, Marianne of PA. Joe worked his entire life in the liquor industry with BrownForeman and Savannah Distributors. Joe's time was spent with his family and friends at the lake and on his boat! He was well known for his stories and words of wisdom, and his contagious laughter! He loved life and lived large up until his last moments. We leave you with-He was "always good," Ciao!! In lieu of flowers, please send donations to the American Heart Association . Please express condolences at www.southcare.us. Arrangements by SouthCare Cremation & Funeral Society in Alpharetta, GA(678) 735-5500.
SHARE:

ALE MAX Returns to Fuse Craft Beer & Sneaker Cultures!

Yup! It's that time again! Ale Max Day , the event put on by my boy Craig and I, will be in its second year, and it's going to be an...

© Cruisin' For A Brewsin'
Blog Design by pipdig