Monday, March 28, 2016

Creative Loafing shows me love!

Fellow beer scribe Austin Louis Ray does a feature on me in his popular 'First Draft' section. Here's the play-by-play on what went down.

Peace My Homies!

What a way to wake up on a Monday, eh?! 
The homey Austin.
When I got the call from my the great writer Austin Louis Ray wanting to feature me in his monthly First Draft column known for covering the beer game's influencers, I was floored and honored. Of course, I said hell yeah and we met about a week later at one of my favorite beer bars in Atlanta, The Argosy. I brought a Schlafly Double Bean Blonde for everyone to try since I try bring a lil' something no one has in this city when possible. (Austin did a fine job documenting this in his article.) Everyone was feeling it for sure. 
My 'Justin Case' logo I did by marker, a
play on Barney from The Simpsons. 1995
After picking an Argosy draft to sip on, Austin put out the recorder and we did our thing. He and I have known each other for a while and always exchange props to how we mutually support craft beer, so as you can feel the candidness in this piece when you read it. I kept it real as always, and first gave a shout out to the first magazine I ever wrote for when I used my Justin Case alias covering rap ("Off The Record") and my beer column "Beer For The Pour"Cypher Magazine(not counting Cornell's newspaper which I did a couple cartoons for)
After that, we discussed one of my missions to further diversify the world of beer not just racially, but for artists, women, and other demographics and other good shit. I wish the events I have coming up were confirmed by the time the interview went down including Brews. Brims. Beats. Part II, Heroes Villains II, the Beer vs. Wine dinner at Cibo E Beve, a beer dinner with Sweet Auburn Barbecue, and a few other bangers, but you will know details on this site soon, regardless. 
Anyway, after a great discussion with Austin, I went to Washington D.C. and Asheville, NC, and then a photo shoot was scheduled with a cool cat named Eric Cash. We bonded instantly while he snapped me in The Porter Beer Bar's private event room, one of my favorite places to conduct my Hip Hop Beer Tasting with First We Feast and here on Cruisin' For A Brewsin'. (I can't wait to announce my next guest!) During the shoot, I brought a few brews with me including the Starr Hill Daily Grind Pepper Farmhouse Ale, Burial's Scythe Rye IPA, and Creature Comforts' Athena Paradiso while playing Tribe Called Quest on Pandora since the late, legendary Phife passed that morning (RIP). It was certainly  a memorable time. 
So now it's Monday and I wake up with my phone blowing up with texts and Tweets (thank Tori Allen PR for letting me know first) posting this dope article; it made waking up even more of a blessing.
All I have to say is I really appreciate everyone mentioned in this post plus all my fam, friends, brewers, writers, artists, magazines, websites, entrepreneurs, non profits, charities, beer bars, distributors, and musicians who make this world enjoyably liveable. Look for more creative efforts to  keep it that way from your brother Ale. 

Love y'all!

Ale
SHARE:

ALE MAX Returns to Fuse Craft Beer & Sneaker Cultures!

Yup! It's that time again! Ale Max Day , the event put on by my boy Craig and I, will be in its second year, and it's going to be an...

© Cruisin' For A Brewsin'
Blog Design by pipdig