Tuesday, December 20, 2016

It's Ale Sharpton’s 2016 Last-Minute Gift Guide


That new Google Pixel XL looks like a winner!
Been too busy to shop? I got ya covered as I do every year!
Cheers Everyone!

I honestly haven’t got my shopping on due to so much going on, but I am going to take another buzzer beater shot and score with the gifts I have below. Through some testing, rave reviews and what I consider great ideas, I compiled these babies so that you can make someone (or yourself) very happy. Heck, I even included a couple I researched for other mags I write for.
From getting your cheffin’ on, to a dope phone, putting music lovers in heaven, toasting off 2017 with the hottest beer glass style of the year, or even buying the latest Rolls-Royce for the true ballers out there, I have something for everyone!
Happy Holidays!
Ale


TeKu Glassware
You HAVE to drink the world’s greatest libation—beer—the right way, and the TeKu style of glassware has been on fire this year! Pour an IPA in these bad boys especially when company drops by and see how their eyes light up. Even a light beer would look good in this. Okay, maybe not. Regardless, the German glassmaker Rastal went out of their way to accentuate every tasting note, scent and carbonating bubble to put palates in bliss for a mere $24.95 a pair.

Calphalon Classic Nonstick Cookware
Since I love to get down in the kitchen and my family includes generations of chefs, I know the importance of good cookware. I got myself a couple early Christmas gifts this year—the Covered Fry Pan and Covered Dutch Oven by Calphalon. Selling for cheap along with a 20 percent discount here, I use them both and truly appreciate the quality; practicality thanks to the Dutch’s straining cover and pour spout for especially pasta; and the ease of avoiding sticky situations since all of their products are, well, nonstick!


Gold Star Vodka
Want to sip something for a cause? Here you go! Mark Seymour served in the Army for 11 years and was deployed to both Iraq and Afghanistan, before injuries brought him back home to Atlanta, GA. Maintaining his dedication to the service, Mark launched Gold Star Vodka with $2 of each bottle sold going to “Gold Star Families” those who have lost loved ones in war. And get this, it’s American-made and damn good!  


Google Pixel XL
Wait, whaaaaaat? Google has its own phone? Yep! The Google Pixel XL is going to be my best friend for 2017, complete with a 5.5-inch WQHD AMOLED display for crispy vision; a long-lasting 3450 mAh battery; unlimited online storage for pics and vids; Google Assistant; and the option of 32GB and 128GB to name a few attractions. The three colors they come in are pretty slick too, including Quite Black, Very Silver, and Really Blue.
I loved the HTC I featured in this year's Father's Day Gift Guide especially for the latest pics I took on Instagram. Now it’s Google’s turn to wow me and I am confident they will with their highly acclaimed camera. (Peep their DUO video phoning feature and Earth Live Case for the Pixel XL too.)


JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Splashproof Speaker
Rain or shine, bring the beats to any occasion, thanks to the splashproof JBL Flip 3 speaker complete with one-button access to speakerphone calls and the ability to wirelessly connect to three separate smart devices. Now the whole family—or party you are rocking—can get their boogie on!


Powerbeats3 Wireless Earphones
If you don’t want to entertain the masses but still bump Gangstarr, Pusha T, Tribe Called Quest, Radiohead or whatever sounds hot to you, these Powerbeats3 headphones deliver with phenomenal ear quality. The wireless action is also a plus with up to a 12-hour battery life. There is even an Apple W1 chip for easy pairing with Apple devices and Siri integration. Boom!



SAXX Boxers for Men
Crafted to prevent rough times below the belt with awesome comfort while keeping things snug, SAXX provides a plethora of materials and artistic patterns to step your boxer game up. Socks have been the thing boasting audacious and trippy designs; now it’s men’s underwear turn! If you are in ATL, you can find these forgiving undies at Rigby & Peller in Phipps Plaza (3500 Peachtree Rd NE Atlanta, GA 30326). If not, hit them up online! 
saxxunderwear.com


FRYE Company Bags
Yep, I love me some FRYE. Well besides their world-renowned boots I rock, Frye Company has some dope bags as well including the suede Chris Messenger ($428), antiqued Logan Billfold ($138), and travel-chic Logan Overnight in dark brown ($598). These will undoubtedly make anyone in the airport super jealous. Bag ‘em.
For my ATLiens, hit them up in Ponce City Market (675 Ponce de Leon Ave. NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30308). If not, you know the drill…



2017 Rolls-Royce Dawn
Are you balling and deserve some pampering for getting you to that point? If money is truly no object, consider the 2017 Rolls-Royce Dawn. I drove this prestigious British carmaker’s new edition on the scenic roadways of Rhode Island and didn’t want to give it up! This legitimate four-seat convertible is the epitome of luxury, power, finesse, and elegance. Flexing serious muscle with a 6.6 liter, twin-turbo V-12 engine and waaaay too many amenities to name, it starts at a measly $335,000. Pocket change, right?

Happy Holidays Y’all!

Ale
SHARE:

Get ready for 404 Day!

Peace Y’all! Being a proud rep of Atlanta for more than 30 years, it’s time celebrate another festive 404 Day! This time, there is a fundr...

© Cruisin' For A Brewsin'
Blog Design by pipdig